Thursday, June 10, 2010

Honda's




So, I am into this Ranch roping, and my horse is pretty patient with me but he doesn't know as much as I want him to. I figure the only way he will learn is to do it enough and he will learn, so thursday I went to the auction and bought me a couple of 300lb calves, and tore into roping and tracking and cutting with my trusty steed....... he's a quick learner as long as I have my spurs on.


well, just having a couple calves and a horse that knew what he was doing wasn't good enough. I found me some 1/4" cold roll and tried to build me a Branaman honda...... she looks good but swings like a brick. well I am not too handy at braiding but figured I could fassion one out of rawhide......... here they are in all thier glory, a paperweight and one that is still drying so I cant tell you how it works........................................ Guess we will find out!






1 comment:

James and Jade Bethers said...

Ranch roping is a lot of fun. James has been doing a few ranch rodeos. I am taking a break from the horses this year and it is killing me. Oh well, I guess that is a sacrifice you have to make when your family is expanding. Your handa's look good, not so sure on how they are going to work for you, but if all else fails they will look cool in your house! Take it easy and keep up the good work! Oh and glad to see you finally updated this thing!